Installation on Ubuntu 14.04
For installing Secondo
on Ubuntu 14.04, a few steps are
needed. These are:
- Install Ubuntu 14_04 from an Installation medium to hard disk and start it.
- Download the file InstallSDK_Ubuntu_14_04.bash
and store it into your home directory.
- Open a terminal.
- If Secondo is installed the first time, some system tools must be installed.
This is done by the script automatically. Note that the user has to be in the
sudoers list for that.
Execute the script: bash InstallSDK_Ubuntu_14_04.bash
The script will ask for your password for installing the required tools.
Alternatively, you can enter the lines of the script manually.
If Secondo should be installed just for a further user, the tools are
already present and the user can be outside the sudoer list. In this case, run the
script, with the option -onlyrc, e.g.:
bash InstallSDK_Ubuntu_14_04.bash -onlyrc
This will create a file .secondorc in the user's
- Insert the following line at the end of the file $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.secondorc $HOME/secondo
- Enter the following commands to download Secondo and unpack it
tar -xzf secondo-v340-LAT1.tar.gz
- Close the terminal (exit) and open a new one.
- Go into directory $HOME/secondo and compile Secondo just by typing make