Installation on Ubuntu 12.04
For installing Secondo
on Ubuntu 12.04, a few steps are
needed. These are:
- Install Ubuntu 12_04 from an Installation medium to hard disk and start it.
- Download the file InstallSDK_Ubuntu_12_04.bash
and store it into your home directory.
- Open a terminal.
- Execute the script: bash InstallSDK_Ubuntu_12_04.bash
The script will ask for your password for installing the required tools.
Alternatively, you can enter the lines of the script manually.
- Insert the following line at the end of the file $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.secondorc $HOME/secondo
- Enter the following commands to download Secondo and unpack it
tar -xzf secondo-v330-LAT1.tar.gz
- Close the terminal (exit) and open a new one.
- Go into directory $HOME/secondo and compile Secondo just by typing make